Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 31: At Confession

At the PCP Confessional:




Sean: Forgive me, Father, for I have cheated. It's been nine days since my last confession.

Father Saeba: Hmm? Oh yes, when you ate the Karokes.

Sean: Yes, Father.

Father Saeba: So, what did you do this time?

Sean: My trip to the pasta restaurant yesterday. It was a cheat, plain and simple. I didn't crave the food I ordered, I was just lazy. I could have gone somewhere else or, at the very least, I could have ordered something healthier than I did. I was weak. I screwed up. I failed.

Father Saeba: Did you learn something?

Sean: What?

Father Saeba: Our mistakes are only truly failures if we do not learn from them. Did you learn something?

Sean: Well, yes,what I said about the food's effect on me was true, but the 'experiment' idea was a complete fabrication.

Father Saeba: You lied.

Sean: Um...yeah, but you make it sound so dirty.

Father Seaba: Just helping you clear your conscience.

Sean: Thanks, Father, I think.

Father Saeba: Are you going to do it again, this cheating and lying?

Sean: No, sir.

Father Saeba: Good, because you really suck at it. God bless you, my son. Add two more sets to all of your arm exercises today, say a couple of Hail Patricks, and be strong.

Sean: Thank you, Father.

Father Saeba: One more thing.

Sean: Yes, Father?

Father Saeba: Try not to think of your PCP diet as a 'diet'. Diets are destined to fail. Instead, think of the food requirents you get every week as new eating habits. It may help.

Sean: Thank you, Father. I will.

Father Saeba: And, make sure you bring me some of those 'Healthy Shelby Doritoes' when you make them. I'd love to know what they're like.

Sean: Of course, Father. Goodbye.

Father Saeba: Goodbye.




We forgive you, Sean. Just make sure you forgive yourself.

More tomorrow,

Happy Canada Day!

Sean

5 comments:

  1. That was hilarious man. Thanks for the entertainment. Way to man up and be honest. It helps the rest of us to see you own up like that. It really does. I had thought about "cheating" here and there and this post just re-kindled my dedication to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I think it was about day 45 before I really felt like cheating. You are doing great, ,your honesty will make this go even more smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a real problem with todays pace, people become food lazy. I know for sure the wife and I have it. After working 10 hours a day and wrestling with 2 kids ...."hello can I make an order for delivery?"...its tough. Keep it up man!!

    ReplyDelete