Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 13: Sport Billy!

It’s funny how memory works. I was at the park reaching into my bag to get my jump rope and I remembered an animated show I saw when I was just a wee lad of six called Sport Billy. The story revolved around a young boy named Sport Billy who was from the planet Olympus which was populated by god-like beings. Billy himself had a cool magic size-changing gym bag which produced various tools (usually super-powered sports equipment)as he needed them. He traveled to Earth on a mission to promote teamwork and sportsmanship. Described by the show's theme song as a "hero from another planet", Billy battled the evil Queen Vanda and her gnome-like henchman, Sipe. Vanda's mission was to destroy all sports in the galaxy since fairness disgusted her.

Billy was assisted by two faithful companions, a girl named Lilly and a talking dog named Willy. The trio traveled around in a time traveling spaceship, which resembled a giant wind-up clock, complete with a ringing bell, and mounted on two rocket engines.

In each episode the trio traveled through time to save a different Earth sport from Queen Vanda's grasp.

This show is crap by today's standards but does this ring any bells with anyone besides me?



Exercise Summary:

Jumprope: 700 complete. I broke these up into more manageable sets of fifty, and only messed up once or twice in each set. Things went much smoother today. I’m using the finger rests on my jump rope now. My hand position being off clearly contributed to my poor skipping. Dare I say it I think I’m starting to get the hang of this jump rope thing, emphasis on the word ‘starting.’

Lunges: 16x4 sets complete.

Rowing: 13x3 sets complete. I had a Wile E. Coyote moment today. I put my door anchor for my tension rope in a door to do my rowing, but the door wasn't closed just right. So, after row number two the tension rope launched right at me. I saw it clearly as it came for my chest. I felt like I had enough time to hold up a 'HELP' sign.



Nothing injured but my pride.



Standing Ovation:13x3 sets complete.

Tricep Dip 9x3 sets complete.

Forward shoulder raise: 12 x 3 sets complete.

Leg-ups: 12x4 sets complete.

My diet goes great. My family has really started to help me out. However, it’ll be a bit of a challenge tomorrow. Tomorrow, I’m attending a English Teacher’s training event at Toyo Gakuen University in Tokyo from ten until five. So, I’m going to have to pack a lunch for the first time. I’ll let you know how it all goes.

Love to the team!
Thanks to the readers!

SPORT BILLY!

More tomorrow,

Sean

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of Sport Billy before. And I'm sorry I can't erase those horrible images from the back of my eyeballs now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrible, Horrible images...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep taking showers but I can't feel clean again.

    ReplyDelete