Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 30: Truth and Consequences

Hey all,

Ever since I went to 'Eat More Greens' for my indulgence, I felt like I cheated a bit because I ate organic food. The point of the indulgence was to show me how the food we used to crave affects our system now that we have spent so much time away from it. So, tonight, I decided to try an experiment. I had to meet with a friend to discuss some of the elements of the homeowrk I'm still working on from that English Teacher's Seminar (I sent him the first draft of my work, and asked him to give me feedback). So, to conclude our business, I decided we should go to my favorite pasta restaurant.

Once there, I orderd a true indulgence: shrimp spaghetti in tomato sauce, a Caesar salad and later, when we moved to Starbucks, I ordered small a carmel steamer. I was fine after the spaghetti and salad, but Patrick told me two tablespoons of Caesar dressing equals one apple worth of Kcals, so that bugged me the whole time I ate the salad. Thankfully, the dressing was used sparingly, and I didn't clean the dressing off my plate like I used to do.

The carmel steamer, however, made me feel strange. Unlike the organic sugar I ate at 'Eat More Greens' this sugar went straight to my head. After the 'Eat More Greens' food, I felt super-energized. After the steamer, I felt like I had just swallowed some strange chemical. The steamer tasted great, but, afterwards, my head felt weird and my stomach turned a little. Even now, more than an hour later, my head still feels icky. In the end, the food was no fun at all.

More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Somehow you managed to squeeze two indulgences out of this, you're a slippery character Sean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I chose a mocha as my indulgence when I was doing the PCP. I could taste many of the chemicals that I didn't notice before. It's weird because it's delicious and gross at the same time.

    ReplyDelete