Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 11: A Little Less Number Crunching

I returned to Patrick’s studio for my day eleven workout today. We worked on my skipping form and rope which were both giving me trouble. I had a set of 650 today, but I had to just jump in place for my last three hundred or so jumps because my rope came apart. Patrick, however, managed to get it up and working again.


As of today, I will no longer be recording my weight everyday. It’s such a subjective number as it is continuously affected by hydration, muscles mass increases, and other factors. So, I will post it once a week after my visit to Patrick’s studio for my workout and weekly photo on Thursdays. Speaking of which, you’ll notice I’m in different shorts for this photo. No, I’m not going for a sporty look. I packed everything for my trip to Patrick’s Yoga studio except my shorts, and I had to borrow some from Patrick. D'oh!

Homer runs out the front door (for some reason) forgetting he’s not wearing any clothes.
Lisa from the living room: “Dad! Hide your shame!”
Ned Flanders spots Homer while working in his yard. “Homey, I can see your doodle.”
Homer (mumbling): Shut-up Flanders.

Here's today's stats from Patrick'sawesome scale:

Weight:95.9
Body Fat: 27.1%
Intra-Organ Fat: 13.5%
Basal Calories: 2038
Muscle Percent: 31.8%
Subcantaneous Fat: 17.7%
BMI:28.6%
Body Age:51

Remember, it's important not to get caught up in the numbers.

Here’s today’s workout.

Exercise Summary:

Lunges: 16 x 4. I’m feeling a little pain in my right knee in the later sets because I’m have trouble keeping my back foot straight during the lunges. I think this has something to do with the time I broke my leg. I foolishly jumped off a pile of snow when I was in elementary school and some older kids had to carry me home. Not one of my best moments. What was worse was I never got a walking cast. So, I had to learn to walk again once the cast was off six months later. And, of course, when your leg is in pain, you tend to favor it. The end results were my feet being a little off centre when I walk and a habit of walking on my toes which I had to break—although I had some really ripping calf muscles when I did walk like this. I’ll keep working at it using my push-up bars as visual aids to guide me.

Rowing (for those who like to get nowhere fast): 13x3 sets complete.

Standing Ovation (something new for those who like to pat themselves on the back): 13x3 sets complete. Patrick corrected my form for this exercise.

Tricep Dip (goes great with carrot sticks): 9x3 sets complete. I learned where my triceps actually were today. And, I learned that the triceps are what make your arm look good when you relax it.

Forward shoulder raise (my shoulders weren’t happy with their current salary.): 10 x 3 sets complete.

Leg-ups (try to get as many of these as you can in life): 12x4 sets complete.
My meals continue along the diet guidelines. I’m pleased to say I’ve held tight to my no salt, no sugar diet. Today Patrick educated me on some basic points regarding KCALs and helped me put together my lunch which included sushi, a whole lot of salad, and some rice combine with some tasty 5KCAL dressing. I missed my afternoon snack though. I got busy teaching and forgot about it. Nuts.

Love to the team!
Thanks to the readers!

More tomorrow,

Sean

1 comment:

  1. wow, sean. the progression in your pic is awesome! way to work hard man.

    ReplyDelete