Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 12: I got Schooled while Embracing my Destiny

Today while I was working out in the park, a group of elementary school children entered the park with their teachers. It was kind of fun exercising while a bunch of kids ran back and forth around me from the park’s swing set to the jungle gym.

Exercise Summary:

Jump rope: 700 complete. Hodgepodge, about ten stinging head hits, probably going to have a nice scar on the back of my head when this is all over.

Squats: 18x3 complete.

Incline pull-ups: 6x3 complete

Push-ups: 12x4 complete

Curl: 13x3 complete. Still moving my elbows now and again. Gotta watch this.

Davinci: 13x3. Last set was hard. I felt like some kind of deformed marionette

Sit-ups: 18x4 complete, but I did the last two sets as a full sit up. The second set got hard for some reason, perhaps the uneven park ground I was exercising on. I had to do full sit-ups just to finish otherwise I might have quit on set two.

Just a note: It was hard work, but my bowels are moving again, yay! . Moving on…

Patrick mentioned in his e-mail today that this is the time around which the enthusiasm for the program starts to wane. I’ve felt it a little, but then I focus on my hero and think about the following written by a comic book writer named Tony S. Daniel (modified a little to suit me, of course).

I’m trying to save myself from a life that has me feeling twenty-some years older than I actually am, so I can be there for my wife and son for years to come, but of course that means change, and changing is always harder than staying the same. It takes courage to face yourself in the mirror and look beyond the reflection, to find the you that you should be. The you who got derailed by events that took your life’s natural trajectory and twisted it. It’s up to you to find this courage, overcome these events and embrace your birthright, your destiny, and finally realize that with some hard, but not impossible work you can be truly awesome.

I had some great 5KCAL dressing on my pasta for lunch. Yum!
Not steaming. I'm taking my veggies raw. God, I love tomatoes.
Missed my morning snack, and my lack of hunger does nothing to remind me. I won't forget again.

Love to the team!
Thanks to the readers!

More tomorrow,

Sean

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a good tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, did you see Tony Daniel's run on Batman? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People always look at me strange when I just chomp into a tomato like it's an apple. But nothing beats that first splash of fresh, unprocessed tomato juice on your tongue. So refreshing. Damnit! Now I want a tomato! Not till lunch. Does Tomato count as fruit or veggie for PCP? If it's fruit I can have one for my snack in about half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uck, I can't stand tomatoes, but Seabass raises a unique question.

    Also, Sean, I couldn't agree more with what you said about your body's natural trajectory. That's pretty much why I'm doing the PCP.

    ReplyDelete