Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 17: A Dream



Don't worry, guys. Shulky's in a bikini. You just can't see it. There is a comic's code after all.


I went to bed early last night, around 11:00 P.M. (Yes, for me, this is early), and I got a pretty good sleep. I had a wacky dream though. I was back on the prairie in my home province of Saskatchewan (It’s amazing how I can live in Japan for the last eight or so years and still buy the fact I’m back in Saskatchewan in my dreams). Anyway, an old girl-friend of mine (I use the hyphen to indicate the fact there was never a romantic relationship between us) was upset about something so she asked me to drive her to the next town. We got about halfway there when my car broke down and we had to walk. While we walked, we came upon some people throwing heavy rocks at each other. My girl-friend joined right in and nearly hit me with a large rock. When I looked at her, she had a gleam of madness in her eye, so I told her she could find her own way home and left her there with the other crazies. I found a small auto-repair garage in the middle of nowhere and went in to get directions home. They said they were too busy to help me, but that I could use their phone. I picked up the phone and was suddenly pushed ahead in time. I was dressed up an at a party in a large white-walled mansion celebrating the success of my novel. Everyone at the party was holding a copy of my book. I actually held the finished book in my hands, saw the title, flipped through it a bit, but I don’t remember the text inside the book. I even cried a bit, I was so happy. Then, suddenly, I was back on the prairie, apparently called away from my book party by the police. They wanted me to identify my girl-friend’s bloated body as the cops took it out of a small river. It was the last thing I saw before I woke up.

So…um…there you go. Heh. Having been so focused on the PCP these last couple of weeks, I expected a dream more like the image above, except the person doing the jumping above would…y’know…be me.

But after I woke up today, I really didn’t want to do my work out. I wanted a day off! But, I sucked it up, went out anyway and…

I DID MY FIRST SET OF FIFTY JUMPROPES PROPER WITHOUT MESSING UP!

God, it was such a rush. I went through the rest of my workout, and it was a pleasure. I am really improving in the J-rope area. My arms and wrists are finally under control. Sometimes I get the rope moving faster than I can jump and get a bit out of synch, which results in a trip-up. I just need a little more strength in my calves, and I think I’ll be going even faster. As for the other exercises, I made sure I wasn’t ‘cheating’ as per Patrick’s advice. I got a lot more work out of the standing ovation exercise today. I am so looking forward to jumping rope tomorrow.

Love to the team!
Thanks to the Readers!
More tomorrow,

Sean

4 comments:

  1. Way to stick to it and come out on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dreams make no sense at all but inside the dream they make perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dream sounds like crazytown, dude.

    Where did you find that She-Hulk pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome dude.

    That is a totally nuts dream. Have you ever heard of lucid dreaming?

    ReplyDelete