Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 9: Rope Revelations!

Today I was given the greatest gift I could have asked for: the solution to my jump rope problem. As I said before, my rope is not too short, but I thought it was, even today, as it hit me in the head and feet. And, now I know why! God. Finally, I know why! I feel idiotic and elated at the same time.

After I finished skipping for the first time at Patrick’s yoga studio, I just tossed my rope in my bag. Since then, I have been outside trying to skip successfully in the early morning. What happens to a plastic skipping rope when it has spent the night just tossed in a bag? It ends up tangled like an old phone cord. And what happens when this same plastic skipping rope is taken outside into the cool morning? It maintains its tangles! The air is cool, so the rope cools and loses its slack (Insert appropriate chemistry term here). Basically, I was trying to jump with a rope that wasn’t straight. And, when I would start jumping, it would tangle up worse and seem shorter! God. Eureka! So, I spent the next ten minutes heating the rope with the body warmth from my hands until it was nice and slack and guess what?

The rope flew around me like bloody wind itself. I did 150 jumps without screwing up. Man, I don’t know why I didn’t see it before.

And now, todays’s stats and stuff.

Weight: 96.4kg (-00.8). Go baby go!

Fat percentage: 27.0 (-00.7)

Jumprope. 600 complete! See above. God.

Lunges: 16 x 4 sets. My legs feel really worked out after these.

Rowing: 12 x 3 sets. Gently down the stream! Complete!

Standing Ovation: 12 x 3 sets. Complete! Hold the applause-heh.

Triceps Dip: 8 x 3 sets. Complete! This went smooth, too smooth. I think I was using my legs too much. I will straighten them out the next time I do this exercise as per Patrick’s advice.

Forward Shoulder Raise: 10 x 3 sets. Complete!

Leg lifts: 12 x 4 sets. Complete. I did these on the grass in the park. Fun, but not as nice as the tatami in my house.

Diet is rolling along, although I’m lagging a bit in the protein. I just have to coordinate my shopping with my wife’s shopping better.

Breakfast, same as yesterday except I had pasta instead of bread this time, and I didn’t have the egg white because the wasted egg yolk would have annoyed my family. Patrick, Team, any other way to get egg white short of drinking them on the sly at work?

Lunch: two subway chicken salads—for the protien, no cream cheese this time, but did have their red wine vinegar sauce. This may have salt, so will stop using it and switch to an alternative Patrick introduced to me. I ate four pieces of whole wheat bread for my carbs. Then, I ate bananas to round out the fruit requirement at lunch and snack time.

Dinner: Fish with seaweed soup, tomatoes, a bit of cheese, lots of sliced pumpkin, and bamboo rice. There were small blocks of tofu in the seaweed soup. I hear tofu is seriously processed, but I don’t know for sure. Should I be eating it?


And finally, I have a cold. WAAAACHOOO! Sniff. Sorry. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends with the PCP, work, my novel, and this blog. I guess my body decided to tell me I need to slow down a bit. I will, but don’t worry team. My PCP will not suffer. WAAAACHOOO! Sniff. Sorry. I’ll just cut back on my novel writing a bit—save it for the train and the weekends. I have to take of myself. As Count Rugen said in The Princess Bride, “If you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything.”

Love to all!

More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Hard-boil ten eggs at once, and keep a stash. If throwing away the yolk bothers your family do it in private and dispose of the evidence when they can't see.

    ReplyDelete