Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 28: Organic Food, Where Have You Been all my Life?

Hey all,

I got up early this morning and did my 1300 jumpropes. I was really off today, not a smooth set of 100 in the bunch, but notice I have moved up to sets of 100 now. Also, I forgot to wear my hat, so my head took enough wacks to try my patience. I just could not get my left and right hands to play nice together, and I felt out of synch. Oh well, there's always a next time on the PCP. I also added a little walk after today's J-ropes. It was nice to just walk around the neighbourhood and listen to my PCP soundtrack as the morning air cooled me.

Then, as planned, I went to see Transformers II, with some intention of having theatre popcorn as my indulgence, but my friend, Phil, who came with me to the movie, a vegeterian, said, "Do you really want to waste your indulgence on that?" Especially since my friend was going to take me to a really good restaurant later with some great desserts. I agreed with him, and settled for my bottle of water during the movie.

Then, as a gentle rain fell, we wandered around Roppongi Hills a bit, until we finally reached our destination. The name of the restaurant was, get this, 'Eat More Greens' The slogan inside the place was 'All you need is love and vegetables.'

Now, usually, when my friend and I get together for movies, it's fish and chips at 'The Hub', an English bar chain (arguably the only time my friend eats animal products), but since being on the PCP, I have been eager to go into a healthy restaraunt like this. And, boy, was I glad I did. Did I stay in the realm of 400 calories, probably not, but boy did I enjoy myself. Here's what I had, and all of it was 100% organic.



Taco Salad, complete with black rice, potatoes, and a meat substitue most likely made from beans.






A piece of soybean milk cheesecake.



And, a piece of wonderful apple pie.

This meal also included a tiny complimentary purple pudding, some organic orange juice, and a few glasses of water.

The whole meal was a taste explosion! I really felt like I could taste everything in the food, and it was all great! This meal is definitely in my top ten of the best restaurant meals I've ever had. After weeks of low flavor, highly nutritious food, this was down right amazing. I ate until I was full. And, how did I feel after the meal? Like a million bucks! I'm still riding the high of it. I ate my PCP meal tonight hapily and was amazed how both meals only left me feeling slightly sleepy afterwards, and only for a short time. I know I owe my restored sense of taste to the PCP, and my drive to stick to the program has become stronger than ever thanks to this indulgence. Before the PCP, you would have had to twist my arm to get me into a place like 'Eat More Greens', but now I'd rather go there than anyplace else.

I didn't have any junkfood--no salted popcorn, or those cheese and cracker Ritz-Bitz I crave from time to time. Instead, thanks to a great friend, I played it healthy and, boy, am I glad I did.

Love to team!
Love to the readers!
Love to my buddy, Phil for taking me on one awesome organic ride! Let's do it again in August when we go see Wolverine! SNIKIT!

More tomorrow,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Whoa dude, you're a changed man! If you like Eat Your Greens go check out Caffe 8 sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that meal looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete