Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 20: My Rising Son

Today had a couple of special treats. First, I got a compliment from my mother in law. She said I look slimmer and more fit. This really gave my spirit a boost.

Afterwards, I headed to the park with my exercise gear, and my son Kai.



Kai played in the park as I did my workout. During my J-ropes, he wanted to try the rope himself a few times. It was cute watching a little three year old trying to jump with a skipping rope meant for his 183 cm tall father. He got tangled, but kept on jumping. He also came over and watched me as I did my push-ups for a moment.

"Daddy, what are you doing?" my son asked.
"Push-ups," I said.
"Push-ups?" he said and then headed back to the jungle gym.

Then, it hit me. I'm really setting a positive example for my son when I take him out during my workouts--something I will continue every weekend from now on. For the longest time, I was worried Kai would see me a no-exercise guy, but now, thanks to the PCP, I worry no more. Who knows, Kai may even join me someday.

Love to the team!
Thanks to the readers!
More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Every parent who's done the PCP can't believe how into it the kids get. It's one of the neatest things about this work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get time with your son and will live a healthier life to spend with him. That's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete