Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 8: IT HAS BEGUN!!!



Blank

I'm sure he means the diet, not MORTAL KOMBAT!

Here it is, my personal PCP Diet:

Breakfast: Carbs-200g Veg-180g Protein-1egg 1egg white 250ml milk

Morning snack: 180g fruit

Lunch: Carbs-200g Veg-200g Protein-180g meat

Afternoon snack:180g fruit

Dinner: Carbs-150g Veg-180g Protein-150g meat

Night snack: 150g fruit 250ml milk

Today for breakfast I had 1 egg +1 egg white scrambled, the majority of a large carrot, one baby tomato, and two slices of white bread (it was all the bread we had in the house), and 250 ml of milk. Have whole wheat bread for tomorrow though!

All my snacks were bananas near the weight requirements of my diet.

Lunch: a cream-cheese chicken sandwich from Subway, sans the bread. I don’t know about the rest of the world, but in Japan, Subway gives you the option to have all their sub ingredients as a salad. Probably shouldn’t have had the cream cheese though. Or should I have? I don’t know. I won’t have it next time, just in case. Forgot to eat carbs with my lunch, although, to be fair, I’m not exactly clear on what food has carbs.

Dinner: Cooked my first piece of chicken ever and had it with rice, a monster fresh veggie salad, and some seaweed soup. Then, I followed up right away with my night snack (banana) and 250 ml of no-fat milk--had to got to bed soon you see.

FRIENDSHIP!!! I will make this diet work. But, team, any help you could give me in terms of recipes and other advice—in layman’s, not experienced health guru English, with the assumption I do not have ready access to a health food store—would be much appreciated. I know Patrick will take care of us, but I could use the support.


Weight: 97.2kg (-00.4). Com’on 96!

Fat percentage: 27.7 (+00.4) This is such a weird number.

Exercise Summary:

Jumprope. 700 complete, but a hodge-podge. Nowhere near smooth yet. Rope came apart three times because I stepped on it. I’m really trying to control my form. I think I’m going to start watching skippers on YouTube to help me get it right.

Squats: 17 x 4 sets. FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!, even my upper leg pain is gone.

Incline pull up: 6 x 3 sets. PLAYGROUND WINS!!! FATALITY!!! This was a mess. The bar at my park was at a good height, but the sandy playground dirt refused to let my heels grip the ground, so I kept swinging forward. So, in the end, I had to place my feet flat on the ground to do the pull ups. I’ll have to find a better spot in the park to do this if I can.

Push-ups: 11 x 4 sets. FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!.

Curls: 12 x 3 sets. FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!

Da Vinci: 12 x 3 sets. BABALITY!!! The first set was smooth, but the last two sets were a struggle to get all the way up. After the curls, I figured this one would be easy. Wrong. But, I’ll get better.

Sit-ups: 17 x 4 sets. FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!

The biggest news today is all my muscle pain, save for a slight ache in my calves, is gone. It’s downright amazing. Finally, my body feels like it’s ready to play. I have a lot more energy in the evening too, which is nice.


Love to all!

More tomorrow,

Sean WINS!

2 comments:

  1. GET OVER HERE!!

    ohh man, i love the mortal combat commentation during your post. clutch.

    i will try to keep up with simple food prep if you want? will add a 3 step quinoa recipe in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone hardcore enough to get this one? LOOK TO LA LUNA!

    Congratulations on your first cooking experience Sean, you'll get better.

    The only way to improve jumping rope is to jump rope. Everyone trips at first. We'll figure out how to make your rope stop coming apart this week.

    ReplyDelete