Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 5: Son of Man, Look to the Sky!

I got up at 6:30 A.M. today and went straight into my workout. For the first time, I went outside. It was drizzling rain at about the speed my sweat dripped off my face during the push-ups. It was difficult to tell which was which. I think I might start making this early rise work out a regular thing, sans the rain of course.

Height: I think we’ve seen this enough. Heh.

Weight: 97.8 kg (+00.3) Gotta stop weighing myself after breakfast.

Fat percentage: 27.2 (+00.6%) Now that I’m using the jump rope, this should drop a little faster next week.

Exercise Summary:



STUPID JUMP ROPE! HULK SMASH!!!


Jump Rope: Supposed to do: 70/70/70/70/70. Did: 50/50/70/70/70/40. God, I messed up every fifteen jumps or so. My rope came apart twice. Grrrrr. I think my rope might be too short now, but it’s more likely my arms are too tired right now to keep straight enough for my rope to get over my head. Also, I did my jumping on a slightly slanted driveway. Tomorrow, even if it’s raining (which the weather repost said it will be, I’m going to the much more level park just a minute from my house. If I continue to have these problems come next weekend, I might get another rope. In the meantime, frustration burns fat too. ;-)

Squats: 15/15/15/15 (one more set today)

Push-ups: Set: 8/8/8/8 (one more set today)

Sit ups: 17/17/17

Today I thought I’d share one of the songs from my PCP soundtrack.
‘Son of Man’ by Phil Collins from Disney’s Tarzan Soundtrack. I find it to be quite inspiring, especially when you’re trying to do those last few sit-ups. I think the song and video illustrate the change were trying to make fairly well. Soon, we'll be the best apes ever! Enjoy.



Love to the team!
Thanks to the readers!
And Mom and Dad, cause I know you’re reading this, love you to you too.

More tomorrow,

Sean

3 comments:

  1. I love the Hulk(I think about turning green when I get angry, but I usually just get a headache). When you're done with the PCP you are going say "Hulk Smash" with a smirk on your face and a knowing glimmer in your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hulk reference. I'm glad to see there are other geeks in the PCP after all. (I guess I already knew this when you asked about Magic.)

    ReplyDelete