Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 36: We're not Leaving Until this Christmas Ham gives me a Pull-up!

The title of this post is a line from the Kamp Krusty Episode of The Simpsons. One of the characters, a fat kid named Martin, has been sent to the camp to lose weight and finds himself danglish from the pull-up bar at the mercy of a drill sergeant camp counseller.

Pull-ups have replaced push-ups as my nemesis on the PCP. I'm still doing pull-ups with my feet on the ground. My latissimus dorsi in my back seem to have only two modes: on and off. there is no setting for struggle and burn. I keep at it, but, boy, does it seem like I have a long way to go. I think back to high school when I could not even climb a rope under my own power.

I do have some good news to report today. I did my first set of two hundred straight with my jump rope. God, it was a boost. Below is 'Sakura Kiss', the song from my PCP soundtrack that was playing when I completed the two hundred. It's the intro theme of a manga based anime called 'Ouran High School Host Club'.

The anime focuses on Haruhi Fujioka, a scholarship student, who is immediately mistaken for a boy when she arrives at elite private school Ouran Academy. Searching for a quiet place to study, she stumbles across the Host Club, and, in an attempt to escape, accidentally breaks a ¥8 million vase. To pay back the debt, Haruhi becomes a member—needing to be "requested" by at least one thousand customers before she can leave. However, one by one the Host Club members discover her true gender; all except Tamaki, who has to see her in her underwear before he gets the hint. The anime basically spoofs everything that makes manga directed at female audiences popular.

It's a great show. I loved every second of it. And, in my opinion, Ouran is a must see for any anime fan. Below is a taste, enjoy.



More tomorrow,

Sean

4 comments:

  1. Hey Bro!, sorry to read and hear from Mom about your teaching problems. No worries man, just keep your head up. Its hard enough to be away from home for what 10+ years now, teaching english, doing a diet and excersize program, being a husband / daddy....You got alot on your plate. Sometimes theres a hang up or 2 or 4...But when your plate is full sometimes it drips onto the table cloth and pisses you off and sometimes the gravy mixes in with cranberries and creates other probelms. I gues what I'm saying is sit back sometime and relax and give thigns a look and decide..."hey I can wash that table cloth and no big deal and hey cranberries and gravy don't taste so bad. Take care BRO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. Pull ups are hard. You'll get 'em, though.

    Lookin good, Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with ya on the pull ups!

    They are pretty hilarious, but the results are so serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, pull-ups will make you feel about two inches tall sometimes. All the more reward when you nail that first one all by yourself.

    200 jumps, whoo hoo! I remember when you couldn't do 10.

    ReplyDelete