Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 42: Oil Slick

Well, I got to my jump ropes today. My left leg is still giving me trouble, not being as springy as my right, but it'll get there. I can do about fifty jumps without messing up on my right leg alone. I can do about eight on my left. Also, I helped my mother in law out in the garden today--hot, sticky, buggy, work.

Last night, my mother in law made geoza. A Japanese food like fried perogies, except they are stuffed with vegetable and pork. It was stupid, I know, but my mother in law had worked so hard making them, and we only have them like once every three months, so I had four of them in place of my carbs and meat.

And, boy did I pay. A half hour after I ate them, I felt oily all over. And, when I did my jump ropes today,the oil was just coming out of me. my sweat tasted like geoza. It was icky. I felt like a toxic waste dump. Sorry for the fall guys, but sometimes it's hard to say no to people, especially when they've worked so hard to make a nice dinner for everyone. On the upside, this meal had tons of fresh vegetables, so I put back about two tomatoes and half a cucumber with this meal, so it wasn't all bad.

More tomorrow,

Sean

1 comment:

  1. I've had that feeling before, with a batch of onion rings. It's amazing how you just brush that stuff off before but when you're running on a clean engine you can feel every impurity.

    Thanks for sharing, perhaps you can start a new cologne line, "eau de gyoza"

    ReplyDelete