Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 57: A New Low

Today was hell. There's just no other way to describe it. I had trouble getting out of bed and the thought of working out made me want to stay there. My subconscious joined in and made me forget things like my timer and key, so I had to go back when I got half way to my park.

Once I got started on my workout, my J-ropes were garbage. 5 jumps--trip, 29 jumps--trip, 2 jumps--trip. It was sixteen minutes of patience-challenging hell. Twice I came close to snapping my jumprope in two. I would have hated myself afterwards, but boy it would have felt good to do so.

I had to claw my way through my lunges and pistol squats, and after them I was going to do my floor jumps, but a bunch of junior highschool boys had gathered in the park then and the thought of being embarassed jumping in front of them won out for the first time ever...Grrrr! I skipped the exercise. I tried to go back to them later, but after seven jumps I threw in the towel. I managed to get through everything else, but, god, it was horrible. I felt like my adult self was trying to drag my whinning crying kicking screaming junk food addicted, couch-potato inner child self through a busy shopping mall and everyone was staring at me and laughing. I absolutely hated my workout today.


Replace "go to school" with "exercise"



Well, you can't win 'em all, and I'm glad I have this blog to vent. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Sigh...

More tomorrow,

Sean

3 comments:

  1. Tomorrow will be better, Sean ;) When you hit these low points, remember there's no other place to go except up. I totally get pissed when I trip up my jropes at 97 (I do sets of 100) or every 13th one. OMFG. I use these moments to get creative with my swearing. But I don't stop. I might take a mental timeout, but can't/won't stop. There's a million reasons to stop, but only one to keep going ;) (that's YOU!)

    we're rooting for ya. thanks for being an inspiration, freals yo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real talk, bro. You got this!

    ReplyDelete