Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 47: Ryu, Rain, and Bad Crack

Hey all,

Well, today and on Day 45, I did my workouts pretty much after breakfast. I found this to be a good move. While, as Patrick says, this timing doesn't burn as much fat, my morale was much better and both workouts were more enjoyable.

Now to the news. It decided to rain today, so I was outside pounding out my J-ropes and guess what? I actually managed to do several sets of 100 without messing up. I contribute my success to my after breakfast timing and this song I added to my PCP sound track. I had it set on repeat for all of my 1500 jumps. The song is called "The Road". It's Ryu's theme from Street Fighter Alpha 3. Have a listen below.



Ryu had a hand in helping me get through another part of my workout today. I've been having trouble getting through all my lunges lately because, of course, I've been doing J-ropes and Floor Jumps before them. Usually my form in all over the place, or I end up putting my hands on my knee to help me up. Well, today, to get through my lunges, I started using Ryu's hadoken pose. We did a bit of this during our squats at Patrick's studio yesterday and it made the exercise fun for a fanboy like me.



Of course, I went lower to the ground than Ryu here, but focusing on the hand movements really helped me to push past the burn in my legs. keep my hands off my knees, and finish the lunge sets. I was very happy. Whatever works right? I am such a geek.



Who says you can't be a geek and fit too?


And finally, a little trip to the place where the sun doesn't shine. My sit ups have caused somre rawness at the top of the crack of my ass. The skin is peeling and it's rather red. Ouch. So, it's messing with my form a bit. Anybody else having similar problems?

Sorry to end on ass, but, well, it is an ending.



Man, my ass burns!



More tomorrow,

Sean








6 comments:

  1. What surface are you doing the sit-ups on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a park bench (designed for sit ups), and sometimes the Park lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if this is a chaffing issue, try Aquaphor or some other lubricant. I use a little dab along my sports bra line when I would run, blade, etc. The sweat and fabric would rub me raw right between the tah-tahs. ow indeed. long distance runners use the same thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sean, did you happen to notice my silhouette on the PeakConditionProject.com page?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure the waist of your pants is not moving down and your rocking back and forth on it durring your sit ups. Try doing them with a soft towel or blanket under you at home. If your doin it on that bambo matting at home I could easily see that rippin that up.

    Anyway bro its nice to see the results, the othe people in my office have been chatting with me about your progress and always pop over to see your next pic of fitness. Keep it up bro and remember you got dad's genes so you gotta save as much of your ass as you can...lol

    I told dad to ask his calves if he could have his ass back...lmao lmao lmao 8P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'd say bring along a little towel to give the waistband area some extra cushion.

    ReplyDelete