Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 37: Whale on the Beach! Or, rather, in the Park

Hey all,

Lately, I've been really trying to move from one exercise to another quickly. However, as a result, I meet with more failure. Today, I started with the jumprope and managed to complete a run of 300! without messing up (new record) so, I felt pretty good. Then I got to the creep and it went fine.



Call me...The Creeper!




But then I got to the chest dip and I eneded up having to let my toes touch the ground for all but the first set, and knees down for the push-ups.

Everything else went fine until I got to the side crunches. After the V-sit, I had so little power for the side crunches, I ended up only doing a set of the crunches because I was basically pulling on my neck and looked like a suffocating fat fish on the park grass. I know. It's a funky image.

Yeah, I know. Whales are mammals and not fish. You get the idea.

I guess what I need to focus on is the fact I am working out. Sure, I may not get through all my sets or to the maximum number all the time, but I am working to that point where my body feels it's been worked hard--I think. :-) I've come a long way from the couch potato I used to be. I'll just keep pushing along.

More tomorrow,

Sean

6 comments:

  1. You will get there. Slow progress is better than fast and then putting it all back on again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, dude, congrats on the set of 300 jumps! At this point, I feel accomplished if I can get through a set of 50 or 60 without tripping, so 300 is like a dream! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In PCP-land failure is always a good thing. Nothing to be worried about. Just means the exercises are working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the ab workouts man. I feel like every V-sit is like someone punched me in the gut. I like to take pride in the fact that I'm working out until I can't though. It feels so much more badass than people who just do however many sit ups are "easy" and call that a workout. That's why we PCPers are super awesome! We push it to the limit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing awesome, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's funny, I managed to do 300 straight. I mean, like, 300 without stopping for a breather.

    ReplyDelete