Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 48: No Sleep

Hey all,


I didn't sleep a wink last night because of an air conditioner induced sore throat, so I ended up getting to my work out at 5:00 AM. My leg muscles felt a little gummy during the squats. Otherwise, I got through my workout today faster than expected. I bought some surgarless throat candy. I hope it will help.


And, now here is the first question Patrick gave us and my 8-year-old appropriate answer (I'll do one every day):


1. Why do you eat so much fish and chicken and hard-boiled eggs and stuff?


Fish, chicken, and egg whites all have what's called protien. Protien is what your body uses to build muscle. Fish, Chicken and Eggs have little or no fat. And, when you're trying to lose fat, the last thing you want to do is put something with alot of fat in your mouth. Right?


Homer sleep now.




More tomorrow,

Sean


2 comments:

  1. Despite the 'ol adage that would have us believe that we are what we eat, eating fat (even large amounts thereof) wouldn't necessarily increase your body fat percentage. Eating large amounts of fat however, accompanied by large amounts of high glycemic carboydrates that cause spikes in insulin, would contribute to body fat gain because insulin promotes storage of fat as fat rather than using it as fuel.

    If you've heard of ketogenic diets (and I'm not necessarily recommending them here), the reason why they aid in decreases in body mass is because they encourage your body to use fat as a fuel source in the absence of glucose. This diet is also used as an effective treatment for epilepsy, and is similar to the diets of Native North Americans prior to the arrival of Europeans and their flour, sugar, and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and by the way, you are looking freaking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete