Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 93: That's All Folks!

Hey Everyone,

Well, we've come to the end. The PCP is over and done, and my life has been changed forever. Now, only one thing remains--to let go of this Blog.


The Beginning and the End

Out of all the things that have given me motivation throughout this project, this blog has been number one. Sometimes I would get an idea for a blog post, and it would carry me through an entire workout with a smile of anticipation on my face. I loved reading comments on my blog and commenting on my teamates blogs as well. Am I going to disappear for good? No. I'll be back to comment now and again on the blogs of people working their way through the PCP, to give them advice and support. But now, it's time for me to redirect all this writing energy back where it belongs--to my dreams of writing a novel.

Patrick, thanks again for everything you've done for me on the PCP. Thank-you for your blog comments. And, thanks for teaching me how to post videos on this blog. It made it that much more fun.

Next I want to say thanks to all the members of my team. I couldn't have done the PCP without you. Your words, simple or verbose, gave me strength at times when I needed it the most. And to read about your struggles on your blogs while you read mine, really helped me feel a sense of community even though we were so far away from one another. This sense of community kept me on track. Know you all have a friend in me when you need one.

Next, to my friends and family who have followed this blog. I really appreciate your support and comments--every bit of them. I've never been a big e-mail writer or telephone caller, and this blog made me even less so. Thank-you for your understanding while I went through this program and gave it so much of my attention. I was in a bad place three months ago, but now I'm better than ever, and, because of all my hard work, I get to enjoy more time in this life with all of you. That's the best reward of all.

Finally, to a stranger or potential PCPer reading this blog. This blog is my gift to you. If you're here, you're likely on a quest for better health. Maybe your overweight. Maybe you just need to put on some muscle. Or, maybe your health has put you in a desperate place like mine did me. Whatever the reason, the PCP is here as a potential solution that offers a sense of community and accountability that can really help you reach new heights of health and lock it all in when it's over. You don't have to be sporty or belong to a gym to be in this program. You don't need a bunch of large equipment in your basement. You don't have to compete with others. You can be an entertainment lovin' fool like me who would much rather see the latest Batman movie than climb a mountain. The point is, the PCP Diet and Exercise program is for everyone, and that's what makes it so special.

Oh, and by the way, I will be finished with all my allergy and pneumonia medications at the end of this week and have a completely clean bill of health. Allergy medications have been part of my life since high school, and I thought they would be with me every day of my life forever. How that for change?

Well, that's all folks. If your looking for me. You'll often find me day to day in Muzuki park jumping rope, doing elevated tricep-dips on the jungle gym, or any number of simple but effective exercises. Not because I have to or need too, but because I want to. And, this, perhaps, is the greatest change of all.




THE END



Sean

4 comments:

  1. Darn! Dat's de end! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself during this incredible journey. Sure will miss your posts. You look great! Congratulations and best wishes for your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an honor working with you Sean, you rocked the PCP! Now if only your Street Fighter skills were as up to par...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dude, you are are so gonna get a Spinning Piledriver for that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Sheng long is in another castle!

    ReplyDelete