Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 71: Rain, Billy's Boot Camp Abs, and Jumping like the Wind!

Hey all,

Japan's rainy season was out in full force today as I went outside to my park to do my exercises. I managed to get through everything, save abs exercises outside, so I came inside and finished up. Then, I still had some power left, so I decided to join my wife in a session of Billy's Bootcamp Abs. I did this workout prior to the PCP and it was pretty hard then. So, I was curious on how well I could do it now, expecially after my full PCP workout for the day. I'm pleased to say it went very smoothly. It made me smile.

Also, today, my J-ropes were a thing of beauty. Sure, there were still trip-ups as I reached failure in my arms or legs, but up until then I was going at super-speed. Lately, I've been trying to go as fast as possible for as long as possible when I do my J-ropes. I can do a little bit of one-foot J-roping (more on my right foot than my left), but. personally, I don't find hopping as impressive as someone who can go really really fast. To what do I owe this J-rope success after having so much trouble not so long ago? Well, I shortened my rope a bit. I find this hillarious considering the shortness of my rope was my top complaint back around week 1 and 2, but the shorter length really forces me to use my wrists and makes me feel a little less crooked. Am I right? I don't know. But, it's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

More tomorrow,

Sean

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've found your jumprope sweet spot. The good news is, like riding a bike, you won't forget it. You're officially a jumproper! If you keep it as part of your life, you'll keep on melting that fat till there's none left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, trust me, with what I've learned through the PCP about J-ropes, even if it gets hard again, I'm never going to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Very cool.

    Go ahead and rock that rope!

    ReplyDelete