Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 83: My Left Leg.

Hey all,

Today, in order to attend the Kawasaki Robot festival, a super-cool event where people of all ages design battery-powered 3kg robots that resemble the offspring of insects and kitchen appliances and battle it out one on one, I got up at 4:30 A.M. to do my workout in the park. And, let me tell you, it was a whole new experience doing my workout from dark to sunrise. Of course, the fact I pretty tired from a busy day at work on Friday didn't help matters. However, I got through the workout with only a little trouble. And, the trouble came from my left leg.



My left leg is very weak these days when I jump rope. My right leg does just fine, but my left leg is almost dead weight and frequently trips me up. To see if this problem was just in my head, I did some one-leg jumps with my J-rope over the last couple of days, first with my right leg and then my left. My right leg was fine until it tired out. My left leg, however, could barely get itself off the ground from the start. In fact, there was one time I jumped and my left foot didn't even leave the ground--it was that weak, no pain, just no juice to jump. I think, with all the jump-rope, the weakness in my left leg, the weakness that started years ago when I broke my left leg by foolishly jumping off a snow hill--don't ask--has finally caught up with me.

Of course, I will do my J-ropes tomorrow--frequent left leg trips not withstanding, but I think I'm going to do my best just to sit on my ass for the rest of the day. My left leg needs a serious break.

Team, is anyone else feeling weakness in just one of their legs? Patrick, any thoughts? I'd appreciate some input (or comfort) here.

More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, man. I blogged about the pain in my right leg earlier this week. Feels pretty good today, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My right leg has been giving me issues too. The new shoes definitely helped, though my arches are not used to that much support/cushion yet, so they got pretty sore pretty fast.

    I think 90 days of consecutive jumping has definitely had some wear and tear on the old legs.

    ReplyDelete