Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 68: Mega-Extreme Star-powered Ways

Hey all,

Today's workout was enjoyable. Sure, the J-ropes were hodge-podgy, but everything else seemed to go so smoothly, and I was in the right frame of mind. I was still feeling worked from Patrick's studio yesterday, but it didn't seem to drown out the star-power (as I call it) inside me.



Star Power Activated!

I particularly enjoyed the elevated push-ups today, not because I was able to complete a full set of them, but rather they made the regular knees- off-the-ground push-ups seem easier. So, I did as many of the elevated and standard push-ups I could until my muscles failed. And, just as I was about to collapse from my last set, the song below from my PCP soundtrack popped up in my I-pod shuffle sequence and gave me the boost I needed to do a couple more. I didn't finish all the reps, but I'll take what I can get. The song is the intro song from Sega Saturn's Megaman 8. I really like it. Enjoy



Of course, the last exercise of the day was the 90 second plank. So, to help me get through them, I...well...sang. Another song from my PCP soundtrack, Extreme Ways by Moby (from the Bourne Identity Soundtrack) popped up and I sang along to keep my mind off the muscle pain. It worked pretty well. And, no, there was no one else in the park as I did my little sing along. If there was, I probably wouldn't have done it. Then again, maybe I would. Perhaps singing would keep the dog walkers that pass through the park from trying to talk to me in the middle of my workout and make me lose count. Heh.



All in all, a good rockin' workout on the PCP!

More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. ooooh yea rockin' the moby. good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason when I have a tough plank session I imagine people breaking bamboo sticks over my back and that keeps me strong and steady.

    90 secs is a b$(%tch

    ReplyDelete