Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 76: The Final Golden Key

Hey all,

Talk about luck. My wife's sister's family came to visit us this weekend to celebrate my birthday, my nephew's birthday, an my wife's twin sisters' birthday--all of which fall in this month--and, of course, that meant a nice big Mokichi dinner in our future. From the day of our first indulgence, I hoped and hoped my final indulgence, my final golden key on the PCP, would show up in time.




It did! So, here is my super-duper final PCP indulgence, at Mokichi, of course.

First, a veggies, seafood, and ham plate!



Next, some chilled avacado soup! Man, I love avacadoes.



Next, another thinly-sliced ham and veggie dish, with cheese!




My first beer since I started the PCP.




Some fried onion wedges, some four-types of cheese pizza, and some fried chicken. There was also a piece of Margarita Pizza with this (not shown). Objects in the picture below are smaller than they appear. ;-)





Some nice mushroom cream sauce spaghetti.



And finally, a piece of baked cheese cake.



All this food was shared, I didn't eat a single whole plate of anything--save the cheesecake. That said, this was one sweet meal! I know we were supposed to have something we really loved, or used to love, but I just wanted to eat with my family without worry as we celebrated my nephew's birthday. Thanks PCP, great timing!

No, it's not my birthday yet--not until next week. This was just our early family celebration. However, when I started the PCP, I thought I would have to miss my family birthday dinner this year, or at least postphone it. But, I guess I got to have my cake and eat it too!

Being healthy rocks!

More tomorrow, Sean

2 comments:

  1. How did all that stuff sit in your stomach, especially the beer? When I had my first beer it gave me a terrible stomach ache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lot, but the portions were small--and like I said, everything was shared. I actually only ate two things on the first dish and half the avacado soup. The food looks big because of a lot of close up pictures. As for the beer, I balanced it with food, so aside from the smell of it in my sweat when I worked out the next morning, no ill side effects. As with my last visit to Mokichi, I got the runny dumps again, but other than that, I'm feelin' fine, and looking forward to my banana tonight with renewed enthusiasm. I should add though. I didn't sleep so well the night after this meal because my body was producing so much heat. Eat light, stay cool. That's the lesson here.

    ReplyDelete