Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 66: The Bicycle from Hell

Hey All,

I got to my workout a little earlier today and tried my best to really work my muscles. The tricep dip was particularly difficult in the last two sets, but I managed to do at least 9-10 in these last sets if not the full 14.

In accordance with some advice given to me by a person who has completed the PCP, through my whole workout I'm trying my best to only think of the exercise I'm doing at the time and not the next one to come. This makes my workout a little less stressful and feel shorter.

Also, I'm slowly coming to terms with muscle failure and trying not to take the fact I can't always hit the max numbers on the sets as a negative. I understand now these high numbers of sets we are doing lately are meant to produce muscle failure. The exercise is about pushing muscles to their limit, not necesarrily doing every single rep.

Now, this all said. My bicycle exercise was, as Bryan my fellow PCPer said in a recent post, fail-tastic. The whole exercise was a big start-stop-start-stop extravaganza. In the last few weeks we've been pushing our legs so hard, I don't think my legs have ever felt completely rested in this time. And, they definitely weren't there for me today. To be more precise, it was holding my legs up in order to do the bicyle that was the most difficult. Oh well. I'll just keep at it. Tomorrow, I'm off to Patrick's yoga studio for my workout. I'm looking forward to it.

In the meantime, here's another song from my PCP soundtrack. It's the intro to a very popular Japanese anime called Death Note. It's pretty rockin'. Enjoy!



More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. In reality the Bicycle is working your illiacus and lower abs, although you will think the failure is in your legs, they actually have little to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually explains alot.

    ReplyDelete