Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 84: Unexpected Strength

Hey all,

I wanted to tell this story yesterday, but I didn't want anything to take away from my "Left leg" issue. And, yes, my left leg gave me trouble today. No pain, just no juice to jump rope--too tired and weak. So, I did most of my jumps on my right leg today to give my left leg a rest and things went much better. But, I digress.

The other day, the first of my two trains home from work was delayed for one reason or another, so I was late getting to my transfer point. As I walked towards my trasnfer station, I saw my connecting train was already there waiting. I checked my watch and there was only about a minute before it was about to leave and leave me standing at the station for another 30 minutes. So, I ran for it.


Got to get that train!



Now, prior to the PCP, running to catch my train in this situation would have left me gasping for air, sweating like a pig, and, more often than not, still without a train. But, to my suprise, I moved like a bat out of hell. I guess that's what happens when you lose weight equal to a small child in killograms, and you workout everyday. And, when I got to the station, I was breathing a little quicker, but that was it. Patrick said we would sometimes discover our new strength unexpectedly. I guess this was one of those times.

More tomorrow,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. How does the left leg handle running? No problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It runs just fine. There's just very little lift when I jump. No pain at all, just a feeling of weakness in my upper leg at the back. it's more annoying than anything because it causes so many trips. I think it's just tired. A couple of days rest after day ninety and it should be right as rain.

    ReplyDelete